Thomas’ sixth month of life has been amazing for milestones. The amount of motor skill improvement and cognitive development that he has gone through has been tremendous!
I am posting this as a chronicle and so that one day I/we can look back at this and be amazed again to remember all of these things
- Will shake his head side to side (as if saying no)
- Will move his head up and down (nodding yes)
- Can drink out of a cup/glass with assistance
- Will try to drink out of his toy stacking cups even though they have no water or liquid in them
- Follows where our eyes are looking… IE if we are watching TV, he will look at our faces, see where we are looking and look there
- Hits objects on other objects with purpose… banging toys on his high-chair tray is his favorite past-time
- Had his first ride in a shopping cart!
- First trip to the zoo!
- First hike!
- First time sleeping through the night and not having any “mid-night feedings”
- Knows how to scream now and can squeal as well
- Responds to tickles with laughter
- Will arch his back at random times or when being tickled (very slippery now)
- Can make purring sounds (somewhat like raspberry sounds)
- Learned how to “push” and control his bowels
- Learned how to control his tongue, a lot! (just short of sticking it out)
Thomas has eaten all kinds of new foods as well:
- Winter Squash
The sixth month has been the best yet and now that Thomas can sit for several hours and play with his toys he has a wonderful time with his newly developed motor skills. He cannot quite pickup small objects between thumb and forefinger yet so he hasn’t fully been able to enjoy all of his toys or feed himself at meal time, but he is getting there.
Everything still goes into his mouth of course… That is to be expected I suppose. He has two bottom teeth and we believe he has two top teeth coming in as well. His drool has calmed down a little bit since the fifth month but he has started rubbing his toys on his teeth, this is new.
Did I mention that Thomas has found out that splashing in the bathtub is fun now? This makes bath time really special!