Thanks to Debut Dad, for mentioning me in a blogger Q&A and creative questionnaire. I am now to answer 11 questions, create 11 questions and tag 11 bloggers to answer those questions so watch out!
You must post the rules.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create eleven (11) new questions to ask the people you have tagged.
Tag eleven people and link them to your post.
Let them know you have tagged them.
Well now that the rules are out of the way, here are the questions that Debut Dad created for me to answer:
- If you had to pick a country (besides your own) to live and raise your family in, which you country would you choose?
Good question, the only time I’ve been outside of the United States was on cruises to the Caribbean. But I think New Zealand… so far away, different yet similar, same language (with differences). I think I could pull that off. My wife and I were going to get married there, had it all planned out and everything! Glaciers, beaches, amazingly beautiful place!
- If you were a car, what make and model would you be?
I’d probably be something like a Ford truck. Hard working, yet practical, a great achiever and a “doer” full of practicality and features, not a whole lot of luxury. (Wow I sound boring)
- If you Lucked Out – What does this mean to you? “unlucky” or “lucky”?
Great question. I used to think that this really meant unlucky, I mean if you lucked out, you are out of luck, right? Then I found out that popular convention was that “lucking out” meant you had good luck and I have since used it in that way. So I guess… both, just at different times.
- If we all had to lose 1 of our 5 senses, which sense would you LEAST like to lose and why?
I’d prefer to least lose my sense of hearing. I wouldn’t be able to take it if I couldn’t hear Thomas ask all of the questions and converse with him as he grows. That is going to be special. If he is anything like me, he is going to be a chatterbox and never stop asking questions and that is alright with me.
- Do you prefer sweet or savoury?
Boy, savoury (or savory in the states) wins out for most meals, but I have to go sweet all the way… I’m a chocoholic and if something chocolate gets opened up in our household, it gets eaten. Cadbury chocolate, my Easter favorite, is currently being devoured daily. YUM!
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
I tend to try things exotic when I see them.. I tried goat stew, rabbit, quail egg beef tar tar something. Now that you mention it though, I haven’t had anything odd or weird in a while, perhaps I need to get out more… having a child has that side effect.
- If you became your partner for a day, what would you do?
Hahaha dare I answer honestly? Okay I will… After enjoying myself in the mirror for 5 minutes I’d have to pester my husband because he always procrastinates. Figure out how to take some time for myself so I stay relaxed because I work hard and provide for the family. (Note that my wife does not pester me, but she has reason to.)
- Have you ever been told you look like someone famous? If so, who?
No I haven’t, but I do have a doppelganger who is the justice of the peace in Reno, Nevada.
- Would you rather be a giant rat or a tiny elephant?
Tiny elephant… I adore them (elephants). A giant rat wouldn’t be very practical because people would be chasing you to kill you all of the time!
- If you could win a Gold Medal in any Olympic event, which one would it be?
I’d say golf (will be part of the 2016 Olympic games) because that would mean I could have a career into my senior years and I love the sport! I’m just not that great at it. Being outdoors and on the course is so relaxing. I hope that Thomas appreciates it as much as I do when I teach him someday.
- If you had to be a board member of a company, which company would it be?
I’d have to say IBM. I don’t know of another company that has their hands in so much technology that seems out of this world. Although I am with Thomas as my full time job, technology is still my passion and that is where I would want to be just to experience what is going on and to see what the future holds.
Well now that my questions are answered, I need to post up 11 of my own questions and send them to 11 other bloggers that I follow to keep this going…. (This has already taken a lot longer than I thought it would, answering questions honestly and with critical thought takes time!)
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
- Do you make short-term & long-term goals and do you stick to them (IE 3 months and 3 years from now)?
- Mac or PC? (Linux is OK here too and good for you!)
- Are you a list maker, or is your head full of things to do and you pluck them out of the grey matter?
- You are home sick in bed and cannot sleep, all you can do is watch movies, what movies do you watch?
- Who is/was a person in your life that really made a difference and helped mold you into “you”?
- When you are down or not feeling well, what do you do to cheer yourself up?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- How long will it be until we have flying cars? (If you believe the movies, we should have had them by now)
Now to the 11 people I need to tag… I’m going to choose them from my frequent commenters
If I mentioned your blog, please follow the rules above!
If you’ve made it this far you can see my doppelganger Trust me, when I shave my head and get rid of the facial hair that we are very close….